Prepare for what's ahead.
Do your future-self a favor by registering for these Prepare to Practice webinars.
The Latest Cases From Westlaw
- Government: Unconstitutional government conduct is per se outside the discretionary-function exception to the FTCA waiver of sovereign immunity.
- Commercial Law: Software developer was not entitled to avoided costs as a form on unjust enrichment damages in action against its subcontractor for misappropriation of trade secrets in violation of the DTSA.
- Civil Rights: Limitations period for claim of wrongful conviction and imprisonment was not equitably tolled by protocols put in place in prison due to COVID-19.
- Torts: President's tort claims based on journalists' conduct to induce his niece to breach confidentiality agreement were subject to anti-SLAPP statute.
- Real Property: County's retention of excess proceeds of sale of taxpayer's home to satisfy her delinquent property tax debt was a taking requiring just compensation.